As part of its Capacity Building Development Program, the Mayor’s Office on African Affairs is hosting a two-day grant workshop to support the growth and institutional development of community- and faith- based organizations. The two-day Grant Writing Workshop is designed to assist in how to identify funding sources and strengthen organizational skills on critically analyzing internal and external factors, conducting program development, creating program budgets, and engaging in proposal writing. The Workshop will use common grant development formats and provide the basics on grant development, including: how to identify and evaluate the most appropriate funding sources, how to research a problem, and how to supply the documentation and statistics necessary for supporting a grant proposal.
Deadline for application is: 12 pm on Monday, May 11, 2015
- OAA Grant Workshop participants must be an officer of a registered community-based organization with a 501 (c)(3) status and the organization or program must serve District’s African residents.
- Participants will be given in-class and take home exercises and attendance of both sessions is mandatory.
- Participants are required to arrive on time and are encouraged to bring their own laptops to use during the workshop as instruction will be conducted via a PowerPoint presentation. No paper handouts will be provided.
- Space is limited so please reserve in advance and RSVP here. Please note that this Eventbrite registration will serve as registration for both sessions.
- Workshop dates: Friday, May 15, 2015 and Monday, May 18, 2015 | 9 am - 1 pm
- Place: Judiciary Square (441 4th Street, NW), 11th floor conference room
- Building security requires a government issued ID upon entry. Please allot adequate advance time to clear security.
- Transportation: Metro – Judiciary Square (Red Line). Parking is limited. Meter parking and a parking garage ($15) are available.
- Only water in its original container is allowed in the conference room, food and other drinks are not allowed.
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org